This year’s event was attended by over 50 delegates from the structural community – which comprised a good blend of those experienced in the use of Revit and those relatively new to the technology.
The first session of the day was an overview of the improved functionality in the 2012 release of Revit Structure – presented by Ralph Pullinger, Autodesk’s Structural Technical Specialist. This covered a variety of useful new features including:
- Analytical Modelling Enhancements
- Improved Interface & Visualisation Options
- Construction Modelling & Assemblies
- Worksharing Enhancements
- Point Cloud Support
There was also an overview of the various improvements in the 2012 version of AutoCAD Structural Detailing; as well as a preview of the forthcoming 2012 release of Robot Structural Analysis.
Other presentations included:
- Revit Structure BIM Standards
- Analysing Beam Systems from Revit Structure
- ARUP, Issues with 3D Modelling
- Introduction to Autodesk Revit Server 2012
- Managing Revit Project Data with Autodesk Vault
- Structural Content Creation Workshop
- Gifford, Laser Aided Modelling
- Revit Structure Surgery
A good day was had by all. Many thanks to ARUP for hosting our event.